Most small business owners never review their business development plan, and as a result, spend their business life moving at a quaint pace.
Business owners become so focused on their daily practical business, that they set up their systems and processes to attract prospects and clients near to them. To attract and convert prospects and clients you have to move in a specific direction. The problem is that most business owners are so focused on their daily business that they can’t see the forest for the trees. They create business development systems that are rigid. For small business owners, that rigid system that they created almost always becomes a dead end street instead of an ideal business development path. Think of a rigid system as a bridge-it cannot be built to reach your objective.
In our business we see business growth survivors that still work in their offices, worry that customers will find them and use the competition, have no idea how to generate/convert leads today, has NO sales process, is slowly or even FAST losing credibility, and finally has no idea what they want to create in their business and how to get it. The problem is that they are in their business NOT production – they are just operating out of their businesses.
Here is the real secret that the leaders miss to become self-employed professionals: It is all about creating huge growth and profits from your client contacts. Entrepreneurs and business owners don’t attract and generate clients strictly by themselves. In fact, many times true business development is built around utilizing other people’s assets and resources.
Take your marketing/sales process, for example: the most important part is probably to create leads for your business. The targeted compelling offer has to appeal to your ideal customer, and when you put a system in place that attracts the right clientele, you are laying the foundation of a successful business development.
Here’s the system that you can implement immediately:
- Use your experience of working with clients to discover businesses that can open doors for you. When you find the right people who can be valuable resources for your business, work with them and show them how you can help them. Create a win-win situation by disqualifying who is not a good fit for your own business or where you have other things they need/want that will improve your relationship with the prospect. Write a potential client profile that can
a. Shows the characteristics that you wish to attract
b. Also has a sense of urgency with respect to their own success, goals or desires
c. Get past an initial “poker88” due to your superior and high-value marketing offer
- Once you’ve created an asset, build a process in which you can convert the right people into customers.
- Then, communicate to your prospects and clients about your amazing offer, and what it could lead to for them.
- Use the info reap coached.com that can help your lack luster marketing outsell your competitors.
- Lastly… make sure that your offer is all about the client and their needs and desires and their goals, and match it up with your value-type combination. Your product and service is complete only when it does what your ideal clients need it to do. You got their attention… but you didn’t nurture a relationship of trust and caring and loyalty. Remember, you gotta earn the trust of your client, and you gotta show them that you are worth their investment.
Creating a system to organically and effortlessly generate business from the comfort of your own office is your key to real business development success, and is what our business coaching workshops teach.
The key to a confused and indecisive prospect is not their lack of knowledge about your business, but their fear of taking the plunge. Avoiding such a decision is a sure-fire way to create a problem, no matter how much powerful marketing you do. Start to develop your business model today and skip your usual ways of doing business, and you are guaranteed to create the business that you want out of life.